Tuesday 3 February 2015

Evaluation Q1 - In what way does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products? - Article



'There are many similarities between my magazine and my style model which is an extract taken from Kerrang magazine. Firstly both of the adverts include quotes on the left hand page; these are taken from the article and entice the reader to read more into the article. 
I have split my article into three columns which has also been done in Kerrang, I think that this positions it clearly and easy for the audience to read. The text is printed in black on a white background in order for it to stand out clearly and be even clearer to read.
On the right had page of my style model there is an image which fills the entire page, I have took inspiration from this and also done the same in my magazine. The photos are similar as the members are layered and some body parts are concealed. All members are making eye contact with the camera which results in a connection with the reader and causing people flicking through the magazine to read into the magazine. All members are smiling and showing clear facial expression in both magazines which boosts the positive connection with the passing audience.

My article has a fairly big introduction paragraph which gives the reader an initial insight into the content of the article. My idea to do this was taken from the small introduction paragraph in the style model. I think that an introduction is very important and is crucial when attracting readers who were not initially planning on reading the article.'