Tuesday 27 October 2015

Digipack Analysis 2

 
 

I have decided to research this back cover of a digipack by Amiee Mann called 'Lost in Space.' I have chosen this because the track listing is in the top left corner and the image is placed in the bottom half; this is the layout I hope to use on my back cover. I like how the website address is included in the bottom left corner and the record logos are in the bottom right, they are little additions which contribute hugely to the simplistic style. For me, the clearest aspect of this cover is the fact that there is information printed in all for corners; I like this order and structure. Having information in all corners allows the image to feature centrally and have no obvious obstructions, I think this allows the eye to move freely around the page. The text is printed in white on a black or dark blue background, allowing it to stand out and be easy to read and understand. I like how the writing is small; this would often be avoided to ensure easy reading. However, due to the surrounding background being clear solid colour for about 1cm outwards, the text, especially the track listing, is clear, bold and evident - regardless of the small size text.