Friday 16 October 2015

Poster Research

I have decided to analyse two music promotional posters:

- 'Only By The Night' by the Kings of Lion
- 'Sigh No More' by Mumford and Sons

I have chosen these posters because they both contain numerous photos of males. I am intrigued by the dark tones used in both posters and want to study these choices used with font colour and photo colour adjusting to achieve a similar colour range in my poster. I like how in both posters there is very little text at the bottom of the page, this is an approach I wish to take also. In Sigh No More I like the clean cut image of four equally sized squares all containing similar images of men; I could potentially replicate this is in my poster or album by using for same sized images creating one large square. In the 'Only By The Night' poster there are a number of images merged into one to create a final miss-shaped male head, I love this idea and could potentially choose to work on something similar.

My partner Sarah has also analysed two promotional posters by 'The Weekend' and 'The 1975.' These are both printed in black and white which is a route I could potentially take by using shadows and heavy tonal work. I will discuss her research findings with her and gather any information I can.