Saturday 24 October 2015

Digipack Research

I have analysed the digipack for Rihanna's album 'Loud' for one reason - there is a variety of human shot types included: extreme close up, medium and long shots. The digipack I plan to produce will also include a number of human shots from different angles with different shot types, therefore I have analysed this example to potentially gain inspiration and ideas for my own work. Regardless of the fact that Rihanna is a female and our video will feature a male, the same types of shot can be used. I have also decided to analyse the back page of a digipack by Amiee Mann, the dark simplistic style with a single main landscape image is the look I too want to achieve.
My partner Sarah has also analysed two digipacks by Mumford and Sons and Imagine Dragons. We plan to compare our collected research and use each others findings to sculpt our own inspiration to create our final digipacks.