Sunday 11 January 2015

Creating My Article - Image

 

The image on the left is the image I decided to use in my final article and there are a number of reasons why I used that one instead of my other option which is the image on the right.

- In the image on the right I don't like how the people's feet are not in line. They're standing different measurements away from the camera causing the shoes to be in a diagonal line rather than a straight line as they're standing alongside each other. I think that this makes the photo appear less professional.
- I think the expressions in the photo that I used are more intriguing and exciting than in the image on the left. The images used in my cover and contents page have similar, natural smile, facial expressions therefore I wanted this image in my article to be slightly different and not replicate the others.
- The image I chose not to use is similar to the one used in my contents page and I did not want to use similar images when I had so many other different image options to choose from.
- I think the image on the left which I used engages the audience much more. Due to the fact the image is featuring on my article, I wanted the audience to feel a certain connection with the band as they're reading and I think this more close up image which those expressions does this more than the simpler, more common image on the right.