Sunday 11 January 2015

Creating My Article

 
When creating my article on InDesign I think the most important aspect of the programme that helped me produce a professional looking article was the lines to indicate equal spacing and proportion.
  

As shown in this image the entire page was sectioned off with lines for columns, the image and title/opening text spacing. This really helped me achieve a clear page that was not too busy, overlapping or close together; every aspect of the page has a section which is perfectly in line due to the use of rulers on the top and side of the page. Proportion and clarity are important aspects for me as due to the 18-35 age target audience, people who are a bit more mature will appreciate pages that are easy to read, understand and attractive. This is opposed to a page which is too busy with no structure and poor presentation.


The two images above are with an without the structure lines/boxes. Because the left side of my article features the title, small introduction, paragraph separating image and quote, all before the main article content begins, I wanted these to be nicely proportioned and not too cluttered. The rulers, column spacing lines and text boxes allowed me to ensure each part of the page was, in this case, perfectly centralised and had equal spaces between them. This makes my article appear much more professional than if I had simply placed the sections of text anywhere and not measured widths or spaces.