Friday 9 January 2015

Creating My Contents Page

I decided to include live images in my contents page in order to illustrate the contents sections regarding live gigs and festivals. They also add a bit more colour into the page and prevent the right hand side contents from appearing to have too many words which may prevent people from engaging and reading it. I took these images myself and used them because I think that they complement each other due to not being too similar and having completely different settings and colours. In the first image the artist can be clearly seen and the composition is clearly and action shot split into half's; the first half on the left focuses on the artists branding and stage set up and the right hand side is purely in focus on the artist in action. The second image is much different. This displays an entire setting which extends much further than just on stage; you can clearly see the festival branding, stage screens, surrounding sky/greenery and most importantly the audience engrossed in the show. Because of what both of these images include I think they work well together to illustrate different aspects of live music; close up expression and overall festival atmosphere. My target audience is 18-35 which is peak age for watching live music; it's what young adults enjoy spending time and money on so it would only be right to include this factor somewhere in my music magazine.